Thursday, March 5, 2009

3/14: MVHS Band Halibut Feed

I played trombone all the way through school, elementary to university (orchestra, jazz band, rock band - you name it, I played it and I loved it). With my own kids in grade school now I often think about my elementary school experience in the Beaverton district in the '70s, when I started playing in the school band program in fourth or fifth grade. Now, there isn't an elementary band program in our most of our public schools, which is a tremendous loss. Anyway, I'm happy to help get the word out about this fundraiser for the Mountain View High School Band. I've sold countless raffle tickets, chocolate bars, etc., etc. for band over the years, but an Alaskan Halibut dinner (fresh fish supplied by the guy who caught it!) sounds way better. Details below. -hoc
---------------

MVHS Band Halibut Feed 2009

Who: Anyone who likes Halibut or MVHS Band

What: Halibut Feed at MVHS to benefit Japan Exchange Program

When: Saturday March 14, 2009, 5:00pm to 8:00pm

Where: MVHS Cafeteria/ Commons

Why: To help students going to Japan pay their way

How: Cash or check paid to MVHS Band

Children’s Plate: $8.00 (approx. 2 piece Halibut)
Medium Plate : $13.00 (approx. 4 pieces Halibut)
Large Plate : $16.00 (approx. 6 pieces Halibut)

Also includes French Fries, Cole Slaw, Dessert, Coffee, Tea or Juice drink.

PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESERVATIONS TODAY!

No comments: